Thursday, March 6, 2014

If it's not home-made,it's plastic

I'm not a big fan of packaged/preserved/tasty/unhealthy food, but I can do with a pack once in a while.What
bugs me is the conviction with which Indian parents and elderly people allege it.

Old stranger uncle in park: Arre wo kurkure to plastic hota hai!

Me: How do you know?

Uncle: It's scientifically proven.Tum to science padhte ho,jala ke dekh lena.It burns!

Me: Achha??Oh my God!

Me in my head: Oh,that's conclusive proof!I concede! Does Aishwarya Rai burn too?

And it is not limited to the over-priced snacks.Anything that is not home-made is bad.An Indian's age is inversely proportional to his CCI(Consumerism-criticism index).Some of the phases in the CCI chart are as follows:

  • The Telangana Phase: Babies.They want everything.They don't care what the consequences are.If you don't give them what they want,they cry and shit on you.

  • The Anurag Kashyap Phase: Mid life creatures.They think they can make most things better than the market.They try their home-made tomato ketchup and potato chips.Later,when nobody is looking,they buy Maggi.

  • The Arvind Kejriwal Phase: Old people.They believe everything is crap.They only eat natural honey and drink gangajal.They are honest.They probably won't last very long.

Even if I agree food in the restaurants is not always very healthy,and is really expensive,desi food can be unhealthy too.Do you really believe that eating aloo-ke-paranthe with a mountain of butter and tube well full of makhhan vali lassi everyday is healthy for you,but one serving of steamed momos outside will kill you?

Sure Bisleri's mineral water,with all the treatment and purification is still bad for your body, but an ancient river's water is pure because it origins in a blue guy's head,flows through his clean hair into mountains that are vacuumed and sterilized everyday,washes millions of pristine clothes,creatures,corpses and holy garbage and sediments when stored.

What would you prefer? A datoon,that will scratch off your teeth and gums layer by layer,or a toothbrush?
Dried cowdung,or an induction plate?I know I paint a very weird picture,but all I'm trying to say is, please don't hate on us for using these amazing non-home-made products.I'm sorry I like Dettol liquid soap,better than the ash you gave me to rub my hands clean.

Not everything can be built at home.No,your home-made brown fruit syrup does not beat Kissan jam.Your amla paste does not beat my shampoo.And your vedic mathematics class does not substitute for my needs of a real computer.C'mon guys,give the rest of the world a little credit too.






No comments:

Post a Comment